The Burlington Public Library is located in Burlington, Wisconsin serving a community of 10,000 and an additional 9,000 patrons from the surrounding area.
The Library is a member of the Lakeshores Library System, serving Racine and Walworth counties.
The library shares an automation system with the Lakeshores Library System and the Kenosha Library System, allowing patrons to search for materials at all locations.
The library owns 62,000 volumes and subscribes to 147 periodicals. It has an audio collection of 1700 books on CD and MP3 players, 1300 music CDs, as well as a collection of over 5700 DVDs. The library also hosts a large collection of about 2500 large print books. Annual circulation for the library is about 200,000.
Eighteen Internet stations are available for public use, as well as word processing computers and general computer databases. The State of Wisconsin provides Badgerlink, which offers full text periodical access.
In 1908 the Burlington Library Association formed the first Burlington library, which became the city library in 1913. The current library building was built as the post office in 1917, and the library moved in to the building in the 1960s.