With your Burlington Public Library card, you now have access to Brainfuse HelpNow, with live tutoring, writing lab, language learning lab, practice tests, and more.
If you don’t have a current Burlington Public Library card, you can sign up for a digital card via the SHARE Catalog
- Wisconsin Unemployment Insurance: https://my.unemployment.wisconsin.gov/
- DWD Unemployment Online Application:
- Absentee Voter Registration:
- United States Census 2020:
- Food Resources:
https://kenosha.extension.wisc.edu/nutrition-education/ This is put together by the UW Madison, Division of Extension and is updated whenever new information is available. It contains information for both Racine and Kenosha Counties.
- Financial Resources:
https://www.facebook.com/RacineCountyUWExtension/ Also through the Extension office.
- Racine County:
https://coronavirus-response-racinecounty.hub.arcgis.com/ The County has added a webpage for Coronavirus and updates their information daily, so be sure to refresh your web page to make sure you have the most recent information.
- Central Racine County Health Department:
- Wisconsin Dept. of Health Services:
- Job Center of Wisconsin:
- PBS Wisconsin At-Home Learning:
Includes a schedule of daily programs and substantial supporting resources in support of mandated curriculum goals.
- Economic Income Payments (register by May 5)
- 211 Wisconsin
Referrals for a variety of community support services.
The regular hours of the Burlington Public Library are:
Monday – Thursday: 9am to 8pm
Friday: 9am to 6pm
Saturday: 9am to 4:30pm
Sunday: 12pm to 4pm (during the BASD school year)
In addition, BPL is closed for the following holidays:
- Friday, January 1, 2021
- Sunday, April 4, 2021
- Monday, May 31, 2021
- Monday, July 5, 2021
- Monday, September 6, 2021
- Thursday, November 25, 2021
- Friday, December 24, 2021
- Saturday, December 25, 2021
- Friday, December 31, 2021
- Saturday, January 1, 2022
During National Library Week (2nd week in April), library patrons had the opportunity to fill out postcards that started with “I love my library because”… We received 60 responses, which were displayed for a month and are transcribed below. They are by no means an unbiased sampling (“I love my Library because” is kind of a leading question), but these responses do demonstrate the breadth of activities that the library provides to engage and enrich the lives of the Burlington community.
“I love my library because”…
- “I love to come to this friendly, helpful, well organized library and get free books to enjoy.”
- “There are a lot of games and Legos.”
- “I can watch and read things without buying them.”
- “I like books.”
- “All the books.”
- “Love (being) at the library because it’s nice and quiet.”
- “All the extras like movies, book club & seminars.”
- “All the free resources, friendly people, kid friendly, classes to learn, I love learning.”
- “I am a traveling sales rep and having books on CD helps pass the many miles very entertained.”
- “We love the library because it keeps our kids involved in reading.”
- “All the people who work there! Love holding a book in my hands. Don’t like online reading. My library always has my favorite authors.”
- “Calligraphy classes, kids programming, friendly staff.” (Several smiley face emojis)
- “I love the smell of a real book. All the people who work at the library are great!!”
- “I love a quiet place to do homework for my degree!”
- “This is not enough space for my reasons why I love my library!”
- “Every day is like Christmas when picking up my holds.”
- “It has all the book series that I read.”
- “The books give wide selections of topics.”
- “It has so many things to do and books we can bring home.”
- “There are books I love.”
- “My kids love coming to find new books to read!”
- “The librarians are the best.”
- “We love to learn reading new books.”
- “They help find books I want to read.”
- “They have lots of fun books.” (Hearts and Smiley faces)
- “Wonderful selection and wonderful staff.”
- “I have access to books & movies!”
- “It has all the books I love!”
- “You provide a facility for many varied opportunities for so many people.”
- “You provide your wonderful facility for us to do our lessons in the quiet space of the conference room, and have wonderful materials for me to use and check out.”
- “I love to read and the library gives me a chance to read many books for no cost.”
- “There is great people and lots to look at.”
- “I have started reading again and it can get quite costly. It’s nice to be able to get good reads. FREE!”
- “They have all my favorite books.”
- “Easy free entertainment.”
- “It is convenient.”
- “Of the wonderful people working at the Burlington location and the interstate system so you can get books from various Wisconsin locations. Thanks again.”
- “It has books, movies, Legos, and crafts.”
- “You have such helpful staff.”
- “They have my favorite books by Rich Riordan.”
- “The people who work here really rock! And the programs are good too. We love the hotspot.”
- “Because of your hours and access to computers, movies, programs of a creative nature. Thank you for being there.”
- “It is awesome! Love it!”
- “I can get books without having to buy them.”
- “I couldn’t start my day without my book and a cup of coffee!! No, really!!!”
- “I love to read.”
- “They have the best staff!”
- “Of all the great books and movies, etc., they have and because of all the kind, helpful people who work there!”
- “It’s a very friendly and welcoming place.”
- “I love the free movies on Monday. I love the helpful people who research videos, books, etc. for us. I love the craft classes and interesting speakers.”
- “Because I can get the latest books when they come and do not have to pay for books. The help is always friendly.”
- L Ladies
- “I am able to check out amazing books for my 2 sons and I to enjoy!”
- “The employees are so awesome, helpful, and happy to help us. Thanks for the great work!!”
- “It saves me a ton of money on books.”
- “Because Jackson and Nanni love the library and so do I. Jackson is “2” now, we’ve been coming since Jackson was 3 months. And we love the staff.”
- “I drive a lot and love borrowing audio books.”
- “They always have something new – not just books – for all ages. If you can’t find something to interest you – it’s your own fault!!”
- “Of all the great resources, and the friendly staff that helps use those resources.”
The Public Service Commission of Wisconsin has published a new Internet Discount Finder.
Digital equity has become an urgent issue as schools provide more and more of their students with mobile devices to take home, while 20% of Wisconsin households do not have access to the internet. For many children and adults, the public library is the only source of internet access.
The Internet Discount Finder, created by the Wisconsin Public Services Commission, can help low-income households find discounted internet service. Discounts are as deep as 80%.
Note—the The Internet Discount Finder is not just for households with students. It is designed to help *all* Wisconsin families and residences get internet access.
Burlington Public Library has lots of great ways to get exciting digital content to you at all hours of the day or night, with just your library card and PIN.
- Overdrive has e-books, audiobooks, and digital magazines
- Hoopla has on-demand e-books, audiobooks, graphic novels and music with no wait.
- Kanopy Video has on-demand independent and classic movies.
- SHARE Catalog lets your reserve materials for pickup
Burlington Public Library is here to serve the community. We provide interesting and enlightening materials for education and personal enrichment. Whether you come here every day or haven’t stopped in years, we are here for you. We answer questions big and small, and even when we’re closed, our digital content is always available.
Need help? Call us at 262-342-1130 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re happy to help!