High School Shelver
Accurate, detail-oriented, energetic person for shelving library materials. Repeated bending and light lifting are required.
- During school year, approximately 6 to 10.5 hours per week on average.
- During summer hours could be longer.
- Shelve books, periodicals, audio materials, magazines, etc.
- Bring in materials from outside bookdrop.
- Shelf reading as assigned.
- Light maintenance duties (snow shoveling, etc.) as needed.
- Must be 16 years old by September 4, 2019
- Some Library experience preferred.
Start Date: As soon as possible.
Note: A test on the Dewey Decimal System and Alphabetical filing will be part of the job interview.
Please see Library Circulation Desk for application.
Closing date: May 18, 2019 or when position is filled
Beginning wage: $8.00 per hour
Visit the City of Burlington Employment page for other current opportunities in our community.
Consider being a Volunteer for the Burlington Public Library.