As of January 2019, the Lakeshores Library System has adopted Flipster as our digital magazine provider. Login information is below.
Flipster provides full-text digital access to a wide collection of magazines, including such popular titles as Esquire, Martha Stewart Living, Us Weekly, National Geographic, Rolling Stone, and Discover. Library access to Flipster digital magazines is provided through the Lakeshores Library System Digital Magazine Collection.
How It Works
To start reading a magazine, you will need to log in using your Library Card number and PIN/password:
- Go to the Lakeshores Flipster Digital Magazine Collection page.
- Enter your Library Card number and PIN/password. If you don’t know your PIN/password, please contact the library.
Flipster is available both through your internet browser on a computer or via apps for Android and iOS devices.
Flipster Title List
Better Homes & Gardens
Conde Nast Traveler
Do It Yourself
The Family Handyman
Field & Stream
Food Network Magazine
Health & Fitness Magazine
ID: Ideas & Discoveries
Kiplinger’s Personal Finance
Marie Claire (US Edition)
Martha Stewart Living
National Geographic Traveler
O, The Oprah Magazine
Old House Journal
People en EspaÃ±ol
Rachael Ray Every Day
Simple & Delicious
Stand Up Paddle
Taste of Home
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Do I need to pay for this service?
A. No, this service is free courtesy of your library.
Q. Are back issues available?
A. Yes, back issues are available.
- To access back issues in your desktop or mobile web browser, open the most recent issue of a magazine and select the All Issues menu item in the right column to see all available issues.
- To access back issues in the mobile app, tap on the info icon associated with the magazine you are interested in. From the Details Screen, you can browse all available back issues. (Available now in iOS, coming soon in Android).
Q. Do I need a mobile app to view magazines on my mobile device?
A. No, using your mobile browser, you can access Flipster and read magazines from your mobile device with an internet connection or 3G/4G connection.
Q. Is there a mobile app I can use with Flipster?
A. Currently, we offer a mobile app for Apple devices, Android devices, and side-loaded to Kindle Fire tablets. To download the iOS or Android apps, search for “Flipster – Digital Magazines” in the iTunes or Google Play stores.
Q. Can I search within a magazine?
A. Yes, both the desktop and mobile web browser versions of Flipster support keyword searching within a magazine. You can also search across all issues by accessing the content gallery feature.
Q. What is the Contents Gallery?
A. The Contents Gallery allows you to view the table of contents for all available issues of a magazine when using Flipster on your desktop
or laptop computer.
To use the Contents Gallery:
- Select All Issues from the viewer menu and click Contents Gallery from the resulting menu pane.
- Click the View button. A new Contents Gallery window opens allowing you to page through the table of contents from all issues
- Click on a feature or article to go directly
to that page.
Note: The Contents Gallery is not accessible when using Flipster on a mobile device.
Q. Can I print from a magazine?
A. Yes, printing is available when reading a magazine on a computer, but not from a mobile device or the iPad app. The print button is located towards the bottom of the right hand menu when viewing a magazine on a computer. The available print options are determined by the publisher. You may be able to print a single page, a range, or none at all.