Click Here to Complete a Patron Survey and Be Entered to Win a Burlington Public Library Canvas Tote Bag
April 8-14 is National Library Week, and the Burlington Public Library is celebrating in a number of ways.
- Food for Fines – During National Library Week, patrons who bring in non-perishable food items can have overdue fines waived, up to a maximum of $20. (This applies only to overdues, not lost or damaged items.) Donated food items will go to Love, Inc. Click here for more information.
- Daily Raffle Drawing – Patrons who submit a Library Patron Survey will be entered to win a Burlington Public Library canvas tote bag.
- Chocolate Treats – Patrons who fill out a Why I Love My Library postcard will be given yummy chocolate treats
- Giveaways – The library will be giving away magnets, bookmarks, and fun goodies of all kinds.
All of these things are our way of saying thank you to the Burlington community for their ongoing patronage and support.
Fast Facts about the Burlington Public Library:
- There were 154,680 visits to the library in 2017.
- 181,225 items were checked out at Burlington Public Library in 2017.
- We answered 13,416 questions at the Reference Desk in 2017.
- There were 11,028 computer uses at the library, and 5,189 wi-fi logins
- The library owns 68,869 circulating items, including books, DVDs, CDs, magazines, puzzles, Wi-Fi hotspots, microfilm, games, and more.
- Over 250,000 downloadable e-books and audiobooks are accessible with a Burlington Public Library card through Overdrive, a statewide resource.
- A Burlington Public Library card can be used at any public library in Racine, Walworth, Kenosha, or Rock Counties. Patrons can also reserve items from there for pickup in Burlington.